Thursday, December 4, 2008

Brian SPEAKS

We now interrupt your regularly scheduled program for this important new bulletin. Brian The Lion said his first complete sentence last night.
We were sitting at the computer and he was watching a video and I was doing my thing when out of no where he said We. Are. Going. To. The. Park. Each word was slow and deliberate and clear.
It took me about 10 seconds to process what I'd heard (I was in half guard mode. Only one ear cocked to the kids noises). When I realized what had just happened I grabbed my camera (which is always on my desk) and tried to get him to say it again.
He did but not as slowly and not as clearly. It's there though. His first complete full sentence.
My first thought was "So THAT'S what you sound like cute thing".
I'm sorry the video is so dark. Some almost 5 year old smarty pants kid thought it would be fun to take the remote for the light and the fan apart and now we can't turn the living room light on.


Here it is again but you can't see him saying it beacuse he's behind PJ's head:


and just for contrast and amusement here is PJ. The set up is that he wanted to do a puzzle online. I went to the kids website www.noggin.com and he began to argue with me that there are NO puzzles at Noggin...


I knew better and found him a puzzle. His climbing up onto the counter is a sort of new thing and while I applaud his independence I wish he could find a little safer way of getting the snacks down.


This last one is a perfect example of the difference between my two boys. See Lion just sitting in his chair all nice and quiet and his big brother who decides a daredevil short cut is the way to get off the counter this time.

No comments: