Wednesday, August 14, 2013

952 E Main St, Zanesville, OH 43701

And Diana has a brand new obsession.....

952 E Main St, Zanesville, OH 43701
For Sale: $339,000
Zestimate: $287,568
Bedrooms:5 beds
Bathrooms:5 baths
Single Family:29,856 sq ft
Lot:2.4 acres
Year Built:1900
Heating Type:Other, Stove

Description
Tap into a piece of history, and make this unique opportunity yours to own! Formerly known as the Pioneer School in Zanesville, this property has been transformed into a one of a kind, spectacular home with 6000 sq. ft of finished living space. Approx. 24000 of unfinished space available (former classroom areas), could be converted into 14 potential efficiency apartments. Enjoy the views from all levels from this home, including the walkout roof area overlooking the courthouse & the city of Zanesville. 2.4 acres of private, park like grounds with 2 small ponds. Original, refinished hard rock maple flooring throughout, open kitchen/dining/living area with custom hickory cabinetry, walk in pantry in kitchen, and truly unique, artistic features throughout including tilework by local artists. 5 bedrooms, 5 Baths, 2 laundry rooms, billiard room, LOTS of storage space, sewing room, den, above ground pool and so much more
Days on Zillow116





























12 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is awesome! I attended grades 4, 5, 6 in this beautiful home that once was Pioneer School. I'm not sure who is responsible for the beautiful work and for saving such an important part of history, but I want to thank them.

Shelly Stemm

Unknown said...

I went started school there in the 3rd grade. Mrs huntsman, went all the way through to 6th.... loved this school so many memories. I stopped by there a few years ago, was intending on looking around but a man was out front and he and his wife had bought it and they were renovating it. Glad to see how awesome it looks. Wow, I would love to take a tour!!!

Unknown said...

I went to 3rd through the 6th grade at Pioneer i have so many memories. I live out of state but I stop by there one day a few years back and a gentleman OUTFRONT met us and told us he had just bought it and they were renovating it I would love to take a tour.

Arthur Kettner said...

I encourage you to visit the Zanesville Ohio Ceramic Arts Center on FaceBook and take a look a what the Pioneer School is becoming.

Unknown said...

My dad was janitor there from 89 to 04 his name was bill cannon

Unknown said...

My dad was janitor there from 89 to 04 his name was bill cannon

Unknown said...

I taught 1st grade there until it closed down and would love it if I could tour it to see how it looks now! So beautiful- so many memories ❤️

Bruce Cale said...

I went to school here from 1960 through 1965. I am glad to see that they did not tear this beautiful structure down. As was done with so many incredible homes in Zanesville. Just to make parking lots. We used to play softball in the flat area behind the school. Next time I visit Zanesville I will check it out on my way up to the reservoir ... it's still there right?

Unknown said...

I remember bill he was the best janitor ever ...he always gave me candy

Unknown said...

I went to school her until about 2005 and I was part of the last class to finish out elementary school there before they closed it down that summer. I had a lot of good memories there and a lot not so great. There was one teacher and her assistant that worked there that were a little too trigger happy at wrestling kids to the ground and lay on them while the children screamed they couldn't breath. Also sucked that the only bathrooms in there were in the basement so you were screwed if you had to go in a hurry. I'd love to see the building one last time though.

Fashionmama238 said...

That is amazing. I have seven kids. That would be a great place for us to raise our family.. I couldn't even imagine living in q lace so beautiful. Whoever did the work, did an outstanding job. Congratulations!!!
Jenell Sellars

Unknown said...

Wow this is a bitter sweet moment for me! I also attended pioneer school in the 2nd grade. I attended this school for a year then I moved back to alabama. And for the last 3 years I have been on a search for this school and had no luck finding it up in till yesterday. With tears in my eyes. It brought back si many memories that i wish I could relive. This is amazing I wish to visit this building next year sometimes or at lease look at it again. I would love to look at the long stair way that I had to walk up every morning just to get to the school. That has been over 18 years ago when I went to this school.