Saturday, February 8, 2014

18 Elm St, Hatfield, MA 01038

I have a set of criteria I follow when looking for homes for this blog. They must be under $500,000, must be bigger than 4,000 sq feet and must be old.
Every once in a while though I run across a house that stops me in my tracks. The exterior of this home did exactly that to me.
I held my breath and crossed my fingers that the inside would be as spectacular as the outside.
While it has some fantastic details overall I'm completely unimpressed with the interior of this home. The wallpaper is...well we all know how I feel about wallpaper. The kitchen is in dire need of SERIOUS updating.  The whole place needs to be repainted & the floors need to be redone. That's just based on what I can see.
I'm thinking other folks must have the same reaction I do because this home has been on the market for at least 4 months now with two price decreases
I'm going to show it to you guys anyway because you guys should see how disappointing this home is.
18 Elm St, Hatfield, MA 01038
For Sale: $950,000
Bedrooms:7 beds
Bathrooms:3 baths
Single Family:5,912 sq ft
Lot:4.25 acres
Year Built:1868
Description
A unique Hatfield landmark, this storied Victorian mansion is also the former home of the Hatfield Club and the setting for many local stories. Nearly 6,000 sq.ft of living space in a home that exemplifies the grandeur and the impeccable craftsmanship of the past with 14 ft. ceilings, 4 original marble canal coal fireplaces and all the gorgeous details expected from a 1860's Victorian mansion. Need more room or have exciting plans for a new venture
In the beautiful 4.25 acre lot stretching from the beautiful Elm St. back to the Mill River also sits a 13,000 sq.ft barn. Both the mansion and the barn are zoned for business. Residence
Offices
Condos
Horse farm
Bed & breakfast
You decide! Use your imagination, roll up your sleeves and take your place in the local history. 


























No comments: