Sunday, August 8, 2010

Chilton House

I've longed for and lusted after this home for three long years now. I've watched it bounce on and off the market, and seen her price go from $999,999 to under $500,000. Every time I've been up there, it's been off the market so I can't see her.
Tuesday however I had my chance.
Even with the stars in my eyes I can tell you this home needs help inside and out. As I'm uploading these photos I realized that the two homes aren't really so different. They both need about the same amount of work cost wise.
Even with all the work she needs though, she took my breath away. Three years I've waited to see this home. I've lost sleep over this property.
I was not at all disappointed. The inside of this house is a maze. I got so lost and left in love but feeling like I missed lots of details and rooms. Why can't I go back alone and take my time in there?!
Of course to add to it, my camera's battery was in the red the whole time I was there and every shot I prayed to get just one more after it.
The photos I took are disjointed and don't do the home justice. It's a huge huge maze and the rooms confused me and I got lost at one point. The Realtor and I were at opposite wings and had to keep talking to find each other.
You don't realize how huge 12,000 sq feet is till you are inside.This house is beautiful and MASSIVE.
It is amazing and could make someone a damn fine forever home. I wish it were me...

No comments: