Thursday, March 20, 2008

As she weeps softly







$289,000
97 Stafford Ave,
Waterville, NY 13480
MLS# 64485

12 bedroom(s) 4 bathroom(s) 1 half bath(s) Approximate Sq ft : 6,292


Mon chéri, pourquoi êtes-vous si lointain ? Votre distance me blesse.

Description This outstanding 1878 brick Victorian, built by George Putnam, has the original interior and exterior elements in place - including gorgeous hardwood floors; lovely wood accents on the walls, around doorways & windows and around the fireplaces; raised plaster accents and doors with etched Venetian glass. A 3rd floor, currently not in use, has an additional 4 bedrooms, a bath and a large ballroom. There is also a large attic. An attached owners/managers residence has 4 bedrooms, a bath and a new stainless steel kitchen with granite counters. Currently in use as a residential home for people with special needs, this home would also make a fantastic B&B, elegant inn, banquet facility or restaurant.

Okay, now stop and read this again. This is what kills me, and draws me in even more: A 3rd floor, currently not in use, has an additional 4 bedrooms, a bath and a large ballroom. NOT IN USE?! NOT IN USE?! Wha...what...why...why on earth not?! Give it to me...I'll use it. All this plus an attached owners quarters....my love calls to me and I cannot answer because everyone around me is a stick in the mud and would rather do a job they like and make money rather than do something they love and get by...Well I don't care (she says with the tone of a 4 year old stubborn little girl) I'm requesting info from the realtor anyway. I love her. (Not the realtor, the house)
She's about 15 miles from Utica, NY. Someone wanna tell me why I keep winding up in this area?

No comments: