Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Quotes

I would love to do a chalkboard wall and have these quotes all over it..

I have long since come to believe that people never mean half of what they say, and that it is best to disregard their talk and judge only their actions.
Dorothy Day

Don't be too timid and squeamish about your actions. All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances.
Martha Washington

When anger rises, think of the consequences.
Confucius


Home Fire
by Linda Parsons Marion

Whether on the boulevard or gravel backroad,
I do not easily raise my hand to those who toss
up theirs in anonymous hello, merely to say
“I’m passing this way.” Once out of shyness, now
reluctance to tip my hand, I admire the shrubbery
instead. I’ve learned where the lines are drawn
and keep the privet well trimmed. I left one house
with toys on the floor for another with quiet rugs
and a bed where the moon comes in. I’ve thrown
myself at men in black turtlenecks only to find
that home is best after all. Home where I sit
in the glider, knowing it needs oil, like my own
rusty joints. Where I coax blackberry to dogwood
and winter to harvest, where my table is clothed
in light. Home where I walk out on the thin page
of night, without waving or giving myself away,
and return with my words burning like fire in the grate.



I've been sitting on this wall all of my life, heart upon my sleeve, everything crossed, sandwiches unpacked, waiting for someone truly extraordinary to find me.

And the song on the radio sings... Daydreamer, sittin' on the seat, soaking up the sun...

I've been sitting in this kitchen all of my life, painting these pictures, writing these words, waiting for someone to make sense of it all.

And the song on the radio sings... He's a real lover, makin' up the past and feeling up his girl like he's never felt her figure before...

I've been lying on this couch all of my life, asking her questions, telling her secrets, knowing that one day it all will become clear.

And the song on the radio sings... A joy dropper, looks good when he walks, he is the subject of their talk...

I've been watching this world passing me by all of my life, believing that one day, someone will stop for a second and finally, finally be interested in the things I have to say.

And the song on the radio sings... He would be hard to chase, but good to catch...

I've spent all of my life sitting in parks, getting lost in the dark, always taking the wrong path, knowing that one day I will find my way home

And the song on the radio sings... and he could change the world with his hands behind his back...




‘I’m leaving’ said The Fear, dragging his suitcase into the hallway.

‘Does this mean I shall be fear-less?’ I asked.

‘Not quite’ said The Fear, ‘Apprehension has decided to stay’.

I smiled, wished The Fear well, and watched him nervously open my front door.

‘Maybe see you again’ he almost smiled, as he headed for the waiting taxi.

‘Maybe’ I said, not wishing to be rude. And then he was gone. I closed the door, took a deep breath, and smiled [apprehensively].

No comments: