Dalton, MA 01226
MLS ID #180902| Refreshed 8 minutes ago
Once upon a time last summer I had this idea that we needed to run a B&B. It became my obsession for about 4 months. I would wake up in the middle of the night with ideas and numbers. Above are photos of the house I set my sights on for this project. I only wish I could get Mike on board... If anyone wants to financially back this for me please let me know...I'm still into doing it. I have a completed business plan...
Below is the ad copy I came up with for her.
With the addition of Lion Manor Bed and Breakfast, the town of Dalton MA has a stopover so stylish and tranquil that you'd want to visit even if The Berkshires weren't just around the corner.
Here you will find comfort, luxury, whimsy, happiness and fun all done in an elegant ribbon.
Our guest rooms invite lazy self-indulgence. Each is designed to transport you to a place where there are no deadlines, no meetings, no clients and certainly no stress.
All are appointed with the finest linen bedding and soft down pillows and fluffy down comforter.
Your private bathroom is well stocked with high end soaps and bath salts, oils, thirsty cotton towels and a towel warmer. You will also find complimentary robes.
For a touch of whimsy amongst all the elegance, along with top shelf brands your mini-bar is stocked with retro snacks, gummy bears, dots, licorice whips, mary janes, lollypops and bazooka gum. We have even teamed up with the Jones Soda Company to create a “Lion Manor Cola”.
Each morning you have the option of breakfast in bed, or you can mingle with the other guests in our elegant dining room. Our chef will prepare you an unforgettable breakfast.
We offer you all the elegance of a luxury boutique hotel combined with the more personal amenities found with a B&B or Inn.
What does that mean exactly?
It means here you are family.
Lion Manor is not just a place to visit. It’s our home.
You host, Diana Whittles calls Lion Manor home for herself and two small sons Patrick age 4 and Brian age 3. Humphrey the floppy Basset Hound also resides here though you will rarely see him as he sleeps all day.
We want it to feel like your home too. Consider us our second house in the country.
At Lion Manor we encourage you to come to breakfast in your pajamas. Kick off your shoes and sit in the living room. Browse our extensive library and curl up with a good book, fix yourself a snack in the guest kitchen, check out a DVD and take it to your room or just relax in our living room.
Up for a little more excitement but still don’t want to leave the Manor? Check out our well stocked game room complete with pool table, poker table, arcade style retro videogames, pinball machines, 62” plasma screen television with Xbox 360 Live and Wii & a cabinet stocked with puzzles and board games.
The common areas are elegant but comfortable. A lived in chic.
Large overstuffed velvet couches and loveseats with plush rugs invite you to relax in front of our fireplaces with a book, a glass of lemonade or a mug of hot chocolate.
Feel free to pursue your literary desires in our library decorated with stately leather couches, & deep armchairs.
Here you may borrow a book or a DVD from our library.
This room has a fireplace so on those cold snowy days curl up in one of our blankets and lose yourself in a good story.
Children are always welcome here and while we don’t offer babysitting services, we do have lots of ways to keep both toddlers and teenagers entertained.
We have lots of arts and craft supplies, scrap booking supplies, we have yarn and needles for knitting & our library of DVDs and books hasn‘t left the kids out. We have everything from G rated Disney to PG13 movies.
In our library we have board books & young adult readers, in our magazine collection we have included issues of Seventeen, Cosmo Girl, Teen People, Thrasher, ESPN, & Rolling Stone.
In the winter months we have an inflatable igloo and snowball makers and sleds and snowshoes. In the warmer months we will have picnics and tea parties and croquet and touch football on our lawn. Of course there is always our game room to keep them occupied. We feel we have mastered the balance between elegant and comfortable.
At 6:00pm each evening we offer cocktail hour and are available to assist with reservations and make recommendations for places to dine. When you return to Lion Manor at the end of the evening, be sure to stop by the living room for fresh baked cookies and a cup of coffee or tea.
A brick fence surrounds our beautiful 5 plus acres of gardens complete with a reflective pool, fountain and stately brick gazebo. We also have an in-ground pool with diving, and Jacuzzi. Inside you will find the elegance and glamor of an era gone-by.
We have only 7 guest rooms which allows us to give you the personal attention you deserve even when we are fully booked.
"Where is it:
Lion Manor is located in the heart of the Berkshires in Dalton, MA
Lion Manor is a short drive from all the great attractions and events the Berkshires has to offer.
- 5 miles from the local mall and movie multiplex
- 5 miles to the Pittsfield Museum, home to the Little Cinema which showcases foreign and independent films
- 4 miles from the Berkshire Lyric Theater, the oldest community music organization in the Berkshires as well as the premier professional-level community chorus in the Berkshires.
- 4 miles from the Albany Berkshire Ballet Company
- 4 miles from the Barrington Stage Company
- 5 miles from The Shaker Mountain Opera
- 11 miles from Shakespeare & Co
- 4 miles from the Colonial Theater
- 23 miles from Jacob’s Pillow
- 19 miles to MassMoca
- 17 miles to the Berkshire Theater Festival
- 22 miles from the Williamstown Theater Festival
- 19 miles from the Chester Theater
- 2 miles to the Wachona Country Club for Golf
- 13 miles from Bousquet Ski area
- 8 miles from Brodie Ski
- 14 miles from Jimmney Peak.
We are surrounded by excellent shopping and restaurants as well.
We are 1 hour from: Albany, NY
We are 2 hours from: Hartford, CT , Saratoga, NY, Boston, MA,
We are 3 hours + from: New York City
Amenities that go beyond the typical B&B will include:
- Complimentary Homemade Chocolate Chip Cookies upon arrival.
- In Room Massage and spa services can be arranged with 24 hour notice
- Luxury hypoallergenic soaps and bath oils are in each guest bath
- We use allergen free laundry detergent and bleach alternative.
- Iron, Ironing Board, Clothes Line.
- Each guest room has a 4 cup coffee maker, electric kettle, & hot chocolate maker as well as a mini fridge stocked with bottled water, juices, sodas and snacks.
- We can arrange to have the local newspaper delivered to your room each morning.
- Clock Radio with dual alarm.
- Ice Water and Glasses in the guests room at arrival & each evening.
- Each private bathroom has a Kohler Sok Tub.
- Each shower has a Kohler overhead 4 panel rain tile shower system
- Robes in all rooms.
- WIFI for internet use.
- IPOD docking station.
- 32” Flat Screen Television
- DVD Player
- All our beds are outfitted with 600 thread count sheets and the finest down feather bed, pillows and comforters.
- Hypo-allergenic bedding is also available upon request.
- Complimentary Cookies & Cupcakes throughout the day
- Complimentary, Coffee, Teas and Hot Chocolate in the dining area
Concierge Service is available
- Breakfasts are made to order and can be delivered to guest rooms for breakfast In bed.
- Picnics on the estate can be arranged
- Pool has a lifeguard on duty
- Our well stocked library has a wide spectrum of books as well as magazines and newspaper.
- Complimentary portable cribs and bed rails for older children.
- Daily fresh-baked muffins and fresh fruit.
- A full sit down breakfast served from 7:00am -9:00am
- Pet friendly facilities
- Children friendly facilities
- A guest linen closet. We will offer all the things a guest might need or have forgotten
Between the romantic and the family.
Come and experience it for yourself.
Finally, Mother Nature has a rival for the beauty in the Berkshires
Finally, Mother Nature as a rival for her beauty.