This is the original P&LE Train Station which was built in 1911. The auxiliary building is the same style and built in 1998. The station is currently used as the Youghiogheny Glass Retail Store. The building is one-story with a three-story tower plus full basement. It is a brick structure with a clay tile roof. Interior consists of a marble tile floor with chestnut woodwork throughout. Public tare outfitted inside. A large brick paved parking lot sits in front of the building.
The property is located on the main street through town near the intersection with the heavily traveled US-119 corridor. Just a few blocks away is the Great Allegheny Passage, a popular rail-trail connecting Pittsburgh to DC. Businesses associated with this trail generate $40 million annually. Connellsville is located just 35 miles south east of Pittsburgh.
The Trail Town Program is an economic development and community revitalization initiative. Its goal is to engage and promote the communities along the Great Allegheny Passage, a nationally significant rail trail connecting Pittsburgh to Washington D.C. The Great Allegheny Passage attracts over a half million hikers and bikers each year leaving behind a $40 million plus economic impact on the business communities in the Laurel Highlands of southwestern PA.