Saturday, June 21, 2014

Property Update

Oh my gosh. This makes me so insanely sad. This church was one of the first properties I put up on my blog back in 2008 and I've loved it ever since then.
Poor beautiful church. I'm so sorry the person that bought you didn't give you the respect you deserved.
I ran across this website which links to my page! (I had no idea)






http://www.jonathondenson.com/2011/12/preservation-opportunities-spring-hill.html

Here was the original listing http://suburbhunting.blogspot.com/2008/04/pittsburgh-pennsylvania-40000.html


Historic church at 1620 Rhine St., Spring Hill (Pittsburgh). Built in 1902 by the German United Evangelical Independent Congregation.  The church was sold off by its few remaining members in 2009, for $35,000.  The roof had a leak at that time, but the interior and structure were very intact.   In only two years since the sale, because the owner has failed to do any kind of maintenance, the water penetration caused the roof to fall in. Many stained glass windows are still intact. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This makes me very sad. I grew up in the fifties going to that church. I was baptized and confirmed there. I have pictures of my cousin and I sitting on those front steps. It was a beautiful church.