Thursday, September 11, 2008

Couch Hunting

So yesterday I dropped the kids off at school and went into the city to meet my mother and sister for a day of perfect couch stalking.
We were all over the city going to very nifty fun thrift stores and consignment shops. My mother has some very cool haunts!
We started at Urban Outfitters so I could see the sofa we are ultimately going to get and ran around from there.
There were a few highlights...

I LOVE this stool...LOVE LOVE LOVE as in I might go back tomorrow and see if it's still there...
This was a wine shop we passed. How can you not love the Lab?

This chaise caught our eye. I love the print and the red metal.

My mother actually liked this and while my initial reaction was "eeekkk"! after staring at it for a few I started to see potential in the colors...


The Urban Outfiitters store. I swear the music in there is so fuckin loud it's impossible to hear yourself think. This is the couch we are going to get. It's really nice. It's a textured gray color and it's going to fit like a built in. It's 84" wide and so is the space I have to put it in. (What IS it with me and furniture that just fits in the space? My bed, this couch) It reclines to form a twin bed so we can have people over which is nice.



I'd like to have this coffee table in front of it.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the 1980's. Love everything about the fashion, style, music and this couch...My mother sitting on the couch.

The pattern on the couch
Then I spotted it...Do you see it yet?
Holy Mary mother of Christ WHY do you do this to me? What have I done to anger you? LOOK AT THIS FUCKING SOFA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's this pure white soft teddy bear fur material and it's got friends. Three pieces and I swear I'd sell my sons and husband for them. (Okay let's be honest. I'd sell Mike for a lot less than a sofa)
All in all it was a really nice productive day and I found my sofa!

No comments: