Sunday, July 6, 2014
416 Kearney St, Centralia, WA 98531
2 beds, 1 bath, 6,700 sqft
This is a truly UNIQUE opportunity for the right buyer!
After living most of it's life as a well-insulated industrial cold-storage facility for plants, it has been re-zoned Residential and has had an artist taking care of much of the deferred repair work for you.
- The industrial equipment has been removed.
- Entirely Cleaned up
- Landscaping brought in including Rhodies, Bamboo, and a 14' Japanese Maple
- BRAND NEW ROOF (2013) professionally installed (low pitch roof torch-down)
- New shower, toilet, and hot water tank.
- Mortar is in the process of being replaced where needed and then primed and painted.
- There will be a long garage by the time of sale. Single-car door, but room for two cars.
- Rooms vary in size from 500 sf up to a single, massive 1,500 sf room.
Only one small area currently has a permanent heat-source.
CLOSING DATE FOR THIS HOME CANNOT BE BEFORE NOVEMBER 15, 2014 But seller is willing to enter into an agreement to purchase before that date.
What I love about the home
This home is still a blank slate! You can create it to be anything you want. Front 1,500 sf can easily be converted to living space which leaves you over 5,000 sf for anything you want... storage? a huge garage? bowling alley (center hallway is 12' x 77' long). There is industrial charm here! All of the doors are approximately 7 x 7 feet refrigerator doors! All walls and ceilings are well-insulated with plywood covering them. You can add walls anywhere you want since none would be needed structurally or have one GRAND living space with Living room, Kitchen, Dinning and office in one space. Stays amazingly cool in the summer and easy to keep warm in the winter! WALKING DISTANCE TO DOWNTOWN CENTRALIA; lots of restaurants and independent shops. For the next few months I'm working without an agent, but if no buyer is found I will use an agent and list on the MLS... of course this means agents will get 6% of the sale and the price will need to be adjusted upward.
Posted by Diana at Sunday, July 06, 2014