Tuesday, June 3, 2014

2696 Van Buren St, Weedsport, NY 13166































































I'm a HUGE HUGE fan of these insanely ornate over the top grand homes.
I am NOT a huge fan of Victorian decor in any time period, then or now.

When you have a home as architecturally spectacular as this one, with all the amazing original details wouldn't it make more sense to let the house be the decor rather than giving me a headache with all the wallpaper and patterned carpets and paint colors?

If I am ever fortunate enough to own a home with a parlor as gorgeous as this house I want the eye to go immediately to the staircase or the woodwork detail or the fireplaces.
I don't want to force my visitors to try to figure out what color or pattern their eyes are going to take in first.

I have never ever seen a home this elegant and ornate done in a more minimalist style (maybe I can be the first?) but I can guarantee you the home would be breathtaking.

Having said all that....yes please. Who wants to buy this gorgeous gal for me and help me strip all the wallpaper?

2696 Van Buren St, Weedsport, NY 13166
For Sale: $320,000
Bedrooms:5 beds
Bathrooms:4 baths
Single Family:4,005 sq ft
Lot:0.5 acres
Year Built:1850
Last Sold:Mar 2009 for $270,000
Heating Type:Forced air

Description
19thn Century Architectural Masterpiece. Italianate/Queen Anne architecture with Moorish architectural features. Mansion's lineage distinctly Victorian. Orrin W. Burnitt Mansion. on the National Register of Historic Places: #07000864. House featured on page 120 & 121 in the book of the "Erie Canal Legacy: Architectural Treasures of the Empire State." The history of architecture is enriched with extraordinary designs from its commencement. These masterpieces of construction are still a reason of astound for the world. Estimated cost to reconstruct - One thousand dollars ($1,000.00) per square foot. 

No comments: