Tuesday, June 3, 2014

399 Under Mountain Rd Lenox, MA 01240

























You know I don't usually feature homes with a massive price tag. This one is different though. I've actually been in this house for an extended period of time.
My dad's best friend thought he was doing a good thing by staging some bizzare form of an emotional intervention on me and it took place here. (I was a typical dramatic 16 year old girl and my parents were afraid I was going down a bad path. I wasn't)
It was the oddest afternoon of my life and I remember thinking "would you PLEASE shut up and let me go explore this amazing house?!"
He never did shut up and I never did get to explore the house. For the record aside from that killer indoor lap pool there IS a beautiful outdoor pool as well.
The house is owned by the Sprauge family who also own the gorgeous equestrian center across the road.
It's a stunner...

399 Under Mountain Rd Lenox, MA 01240
$2,850,000

Status Active
Beds 8 Bed
Baths 7 Full, 2 Half Bath
House Size 10,629 Sq Ft
Lot Size 11.45 Acres
Year Built 1901

Property Details

At the dawn of the Twentieth Century, architects Harding and Seaver set this Tudor manor house overlooking a valley that is still unspoiled today, yet handy to downtown Lenox. The view is spectacular! Irreplaceable period details define the public entertaining rooms. The service wing has been opened up for modern living. Nine bedrooms. Seven full bathrooms. Two half bathrooms. Eleven Fireplaces.


No comments: