Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Hyde Park part 2

So I'm curious about this property. She shares a zip code with the Poughkeepsie cutie I showed you in a previous blog. What she doesn't share is a school system. I'm learning now to not go by town or by zip so much but by school system...
I could be AWFUL happy in this gal...She has 5 beds, 2 baths 3 1/2 acres of property a cute red barn...Oh here...just read what the realtor wrote about her.
" Beautiful high land provides the private setting for this 2251+/- sq ft Colonial that was built in 1850 and 1904. The home has updated wiring, a new furnace, a new hot water heater, a recent roof, and a relined chimney. The first floor features include a living room, a dining room, a family room, an eat-in kitchen, and a mud room as well as a bathroom. On the second floor you find five bedrooms and a bath. The third floor has three distinct storage rooms. The home has a large wrap around porch. There is a two-car detached garage with a furnace. The 26 x 28 barn with a complete loft above has been used for stalls and storage. This home is on a quiet side road close to Dutchess Community College with easy access to the Taconic State Parkway."
THREE distinct storage rooms. THREE ROOMS...
That's more than I have now or I'd bet have ever had. I'm dreaming of a walk in closet conversion...one for me, one for Mike and one for the kiddos...Hmmm...I think I need to go shoe shopping to flesh out the collection.
5 bedrooms though means we can have family stay with us (I'm thinking of my beloved 93 Grandmother who lives in Florida and who didn't come to NYC this summer to visit us because she had no where to stay.) My mother and sister can also come up for a weekend without fear of there not being enough room.
If we REALLY wanted to get funky about it we could convert the barn to a second house (and then we would have to pay taxes on it...hmmm...okay now I'm feeling a breezeway between the two homes so they are only one residence...ok I'm done. First I need to get Mike to see it...

























No comments: