Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Truly I'm in love...this time it's for real.

I KNOW Mike is gonna REALLY hate this one. I don't care. I love her. She's BEAUTIFUL...
She's in Patterson NY 2 bedrooms with a guest room over the garage and an artists studio. AN ARTISTS STUDIO PEOPLE...I'm not an artist but I can pretend to be...just look at her...Okay her kitchen needs MAJOR help. I'm also not certain that what they are calling the family room qualifies as more than a pass through room (It's the room with the staircase in the photo) But this house is warm and it has lots of character. Here I could be happy. Seriously. Mike I'm not so very sure about but he's a sport and has promised to keep an open mind (right babes?!) and so in the spirit of being a team player he will come and see it with me...
Okay it's the next day and I cannot stop thinking (obsessing?) over this home...Why do I do this to myself? I KNOW Mike won't like it and maybe I won't even like it if we go to see it but based on the photos...::sigh:: I really have to not set myself up like this...

The front gate

I can just see the boys on this tire swing next summer...(Shudder) how close is the hospital?

I can see this side with a nice garden planted
Same view as above
View from the balcony. Wow.
The Balcony again
From the balcony looking at the garage which has a bedroom above it.
I think this is the view from the side and back of the house


This is the garage and bedroom
The property

The artist studio. It's looking like it might need a new roof but it's got a dutch door...(One really has nothing to do with the other beyond my lust of dutch doors and the presence of one allows me to oversee and forgive all problems)
Sigh...I can picture myself in here reading a book with the top door open in the spring...
Studio inside. I have this visual of stapling white Christmas lights all along where the wall meets the ceiling. Don't laugh. They cast a great glow at night.
The listing is calling this the family room. I suppose it is. If there is room under the stairs you could put a loveseat or sofa there and hang the TV on the wall where the mirror is now. That staircase makes me nervous with the boys...Open back and no handrail...To the back you can see what would be the boys bedroom...


The livingroom. This would be a great source of heat in the winter but I'd have to put a safety gate around it. The danger of burns is just too great when you can't even see the fire inside.
The livingroom again. Cozy no? I wonder how one would go about whitewashing those walls? Remember my aversion to natural wood right?

The other side of the living room. They call this the dining area. I love that idea. You could put a table with leaves in here and keep it small for family and when bigger groups come move the table to the living room and the sofa to the dining area.
Oh this poor poor kitchen. She needs SO SO much help. New counters, new cabinets, new backsplash, new lighting...new appliances and I'm afraid to know where the fridge is...
Super cute bathroomThis is the master bedroom.
This is the guest bedroom over the garage. This, if done right could be AWFUL cozy and sweet...

This would be the boys room. I'm seeing two twin beds in here...
Another view

Seriously...I'm so sold on this damn house...

No comments: