Wednesday, August 6, 2008

And today

It's hard to see because today Brian the Lion decided he did NOT want to be in this apartment and spent the entire time howling and kicking and screaming and pulling at me to go, go, go... So I went, went, went. I left Mike and the Realtor there and went home with the kids. We were in there for maybe 10 mins. Not as many photos and certainly not all I wanted to get.
I have to say though the place looks SO much better today than it did yesterday. I know someone was in the place all day today (I'm assuming the current owner) and lord did he clearly work his tush off...
The place was clean, he spackled, painted took out the one closet door that was damaged, got new doors to put in, cleaned the bathroom...it looks great now.
I'm still unsure what all the wiring in the kitchen cabinets is and why there are two light switches in two cabinets.
Now I just need to figure out how to best work this small space for my peeps...648 sq feet for 4 people and a dog...GOOD LORD...


PJ running into the back bedroom - Look at the tan wall. No white spackle! No wires, no holes!

The stove we are going to replace because this one is icky and ugly and old.
The kitchen from the living room. It is my plan, my vision to put a cabinet /storage locker/pantry there to put all the stuff we would normally stuff into cabinets and I wouldn't be able to reach in there

Another shot of the spot the cabinet would go. They used to have a Golden Tee video game arcade console thing there and that measures 24" wide so I'm going to assume (and I ain't buy a flipping THING till I can get in there with a tape measure) that's the width of this spot.


Various shots of the kitchen cabinets and the mysterious wiring within. ANYONE know why kitchen cabinets might have switches in them?

The closet in the back bedroom. You can see the reflection of the new sliding doors in the mirror.
Brian was at this point trying to crawl back inside of me so my finger got in the shot. The back bedroom.Back bedroom closet
The front bedroom that I'd wanted to use as the kids room but now appears it's going to have to remain as our room...
Front bedroom closetBathroom sink.

Clean fixed bathtub

Taking pictures of the sink so I'll remember what the stuff looks like



Tub with MUCH MUCH less mildew

Under the kitchen sink



Under the bathroom sink. I'm still concerned that there is tape around the pipe.



The cracked toilet bowl lid
The living room floor.

Cable coiled in a corner

Floor

View of where we will put the sofa from the flor







No comments: