Tuesday, August 12, 2008

A new wind is blowing....

Change always comes bearing gifts. ~Price Pritchett

and so one chapter ends and another begins...
We are now official, real life, true, genuine, home owners.
We closed on the Condo yesterday and have the keys.
Exciting stuff no?
So this blog will shift now from the search for the anti cookie cutter home to the pursuit of creating and decorating the anti cookie cutter home.
The condo we purchased is indeed a cookie cutter. It's an identical sister I suspect to about 90% of the apartments on this block.
It is now my goal, my obsession to create a space for my family that is both functional and a reflection of who I am, who we are and turn out an apartment that has the same bones but is clearly the superior sibling. The one mom loves the most...

When I'm done with her (and Mike has had his heart attack at the money spent) she's going to be worthy of the HGTV show "Small Space Big Style" and a cover shot on the website Apartment Therapy.
Stay tuned...

No comments: